Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Umbrella:(the cup of love)

i was seven years old
and now i was given a umbrella to hold
open the umbrella if it rains i was told

if you don't you would get wet and catch cold

twisting and twirling it in my hand
and at times poking it in mid air like a wand
i loved her she was mine

my hearts skipped a beat when she unfurled everytime

i wouldn't let anyone touch her
hid her in my closet beneath my sweather
down came the rains pouring

i ventured into the rains with my darling
she looked more happy than i was

as the rain touched her smile grew larger
my heart burnt in anger and jealousy

she is mine how does he touch her let me see
the rains stoped and i looked at her

she looked the same as before

many rains have come ,many rains have gone

and i have grown up to understand
she allowed herself to be touched by another man

to protect me ,it was her love
in which she did all she can

i still love her she is mine

my heart still skips a beat when she is unfurled everytime
i still wouldn't let anyone touch her

i still hide her in my closet beneath my sweather

down came the rains pouring again

i ventured into the rains
not alone this time
with girl underneath her for the first time
she looked at me and smiled

rains have come rains have gone
girls have come girls have gone
but the umbrella is still there in my closet
underneath my sweather
and my life goes on

-the firebird

No comments: