Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Autumn:Time to Bid Farewell

Looks like i just woke up from a dream
I walk up to your door and its your name that i scream

I push your door open to feel a gush of wind
As your curtains flutter a vacuum overcomes me within

As our laughter thunders in that empty room
My heart shrinks in vain as flashes of memory zoom

I walk down slowly to the breakfast table
where empty seats indicate the end of the fable

A fable of true friendship and great company
I sip my coffee thinking about those moments... many

As I stare at the mirror I see a thin scaly lifeless tree
Its autumn my friend and all the leaves go free.

--Firebird

5 comments:

Prajakta said...

Sreeni, senti kar diya tune....... khup chhan lihil aahes... :)

Rohit said...

Too much yar.....it really bring all our memorable day in front of my eyes...........Really unmatched memories for life

Unknown said...

good wrk buddy ...

Ketan said...

Hey ma man, I always liked you!
The poem rocks!

Bharath R S said...

Awesome poem be!!!!!!!
next time please dont write senti poem :P