Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Mermaid: A dream

In the land of the firebirds, they tell this story
About this beautiful female, even the oceans basked her glory

With the bust of a female and fins of gold
She won the hearts of both young and old

Until a day she saw a man
Her heart went thumping from the ocean into the sand

His home was land
And walking was alien to her clan

She decided to leave her home
Swimming through the water’s all alone

She reached the shore
But land was inhospitable to the core

They say she still tries to walk on land
It’s just like the words written on sand

Mesmerized and lost in the fable
I didn’t realize a guest on my table

Waving his hands in front of my eyes
I saw him; I knew he was my old friend in a new disguise

His smile keeps me awake
To my latest and most foolish mistakes

He flapped his wings
And burned a few things

All he said was “the mermaid is a dream
Dreams that cannot walk on the land of reality
But can swim in our heart’s stream
And you don’t understand it what a pity!

I retorted saying you can achieve anything
Or tell what’s the whole firebird thing

We fly to dispel darkness of the mind
And make that soul one of his kind

His silence was killing more than his smile
I knew I had missed the point by a mile

Not all desires he said meet their reality
But get lost in them till eternity
What differentiates life from dreams is this identity
Remember you don’t get everything in your kitty
_the firebird

No comments: