Friday, December 1, 2006

The Firebird's Spirit




In darkest of nights I have seen

There was no star in the sky or moon light for company



My dreams had been massacred and my wounds were deep

My body was tired but my eyes still horrified would not sleep


Staring at the darkness outside

I could see the darkness inside



The universe being its expanse and time its depth

My hope to fly had met instant death


I had been flying above the rest

Had left them behind, I knew I was the best


I turned back to see the sun had set

I flew faster but darkness won the test


I collided into a rock and fell

And darkness was the place I had to dwell


I had to get back home for sure

But how much more pain could my wings endure


I needed light for my flight

I prayed and to my delight!


The very next moment I burst into flames

Darkness in me was ashamed

Hope had triumphed again


Surprised to see light I searched for its source

It was in me the flame had rose


Flapping my wings I rose to the sky

I was joined by many other who had forgot to fly


As tears rolled down their eyes

it was then that I realized


The FIRE BIRD has to fly in the darkness of our heart;bringing hope to all our desires that have seemingly met dead ends

the fire bird “NEVER GIVES UP”

I am a firebirdCalling all others…………………

2 comments:

Kishore said...

Beautiful poem... great work Srini..

Unknown said...

Inspiring poem..