Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Professor Bat

He was dark and despised
They called him evil and sighed
A few called for his head
Most of the birds wanted him dead

I had been observing him for days
By day he would not fly as he did not have sight
He looked at the world hanging upside down for days
But he flew in the dark by night

Something that made me fly by night
That which made me special was my light
But this fellow was a delight
He flew as fast as me but that too without sight!

We are friends by now
We enjoy our night flight
He was not evil but who would believe me now
The more I tried they even wanted me out of sight

The world had begun to despise me too
As I went back to my folk
They didn’t want me anymore
I packed my bags and left, to be a firebird no more

Flying through the night again
I felt the happiness that rained
Its then that I realized that
He was blind, he was a bat

He was blind to the outer world
But his consciousness reigned in and grew multifold
He only obeyed the order of his self
And flew through the darkest moments with peace within himself

The bat can't see.But it listens to itself, to the sounds it produces and it flies.A flight beyond light and darkness



-the firebird

1 comment:

Bharath R S said...

nice one dude!!!!

felt nice reading it