Thursday, June 21, 2007

Mr Thread

This is a story about a necklace in my grand mom’s jewelry box .i just found it last night I remember seeing a beautiful pearl necklace it had nine pearls

Each of different shape and shade But no longer the pearls shimmered in the box which I remember locking it .All I could stare was at the thread I felt he spoke to me .what follows is his story “Hello sir I am Mr. thread “


“I know Mr why you are shocked
It seems you are looking for a necklace that you had locked

Wonderful days weren't they
with pearls red blue green and grey

Pink was my favorite
I have seen no one shimmer better than her till date

Black I thought was great
he liked Red but you know how is fate

Green blue and yellow were my best pals
Maroon brown as sweet as chocolate and grey was a doll

I liked them all and would call them all
Not many knew me ,but the necklace stood tall

Until a day they all became busy
and my calls and repeated request made them fussy

Pink misunderstood me completely
She broke contacts with me immediately

Black stood the test of time
red who was stunned didn’t even mime

Green blue and yellow who were busy didn’t pick up my calls
Maroon and Brown resigned to fate, but grey was still a doll

How do I convince them that’s my job
I had failed to connect their heart, I was a blob

This failure stung me as a lightning stroke
and the necklace that stood tall broke”

As silence filled our space
“I am still here friend” replied Black with a sparkling gaze

As I lifted Mr thread I saw what I had forgot
All other pearls had gone but black smiled next to the knot

A thread similar to Mr thread runs through all of us connecting us with each other.At the level of an individual he represent our soul and at the level of a group he could be anyone or anything that keep us together take care of him...stay connected

-The firebird

1 comment:

Bharath R S said...

Dude i dono where u got this ideas !!

its nice!!!

stay connected!!!