Monday, July 9, 2007

The Phoenix's Tears

as my friend calls me over to the balcony to look into the sky
i can't help notice but why?
he exclaims at the moon and says "Wonderful "
But my eyes burn seeing the darkness in plentiful
he says it beautiful its exactly half
i dont know how i managed to laugh
he leaves me with a dark sky to stare
bloody deep and dark, ready to scare
my eyes begin to burn abright
please for god sake switch on the light
with no hope to find i close my eyes
but then i still meet darkness in a new disguise
today silence i find too loud to hear
as i see your shadows dissappear
there is something in my throat that makes me choke
i can't spit it or swallow, its not a joke
i reach out for my phone
god damn its dead doesn't have a dial tone
i seem to have forgotten the philosophy i taught
i can't hold it in longer, got to spit it out
i reach out for my pen and paper
i settle into a chair with a glass of water
i wanted success at any cost
but on the way there is something that i have lost
i want to push it out i wanna cry
but tears seem to have deserted me how hard i hard i try
as time flies past saying goodbye from a mile
there is something on his face, i recognize it its my smile
days that i spent with you all was like a dream
i know they wont come back how hard i scream
my heart is filled with those moments of our love and care
there is so many things we did share
i wish i could acknowledge the gift you all gave me
as two pearls start rolling from my eyes down my cheeks to save me
- the firebird

1 comment:

Poornima Prabhu said...

Hi Srini,
found u here, in blog space :). Ur entries r good. Keep up the spirit and wish u luck in ur new adventure :).
Regards,
Poornima.