Saturday, January 10, 2009

Light within

In midst of things that seems to have no beginning nor an end
i look up to the skies for the light to descend

i had been moving forward with my heart as the compass on the trail
and now there were times when its started to fail

It neither attracted or repelled
but i moved ahead on the path that i had last held

All that i realize is the deep dark night
but i have pledged to fight

and thats when i stopped pitying my plight
and didn't look up to the skies for light

the more i learn of darkness, i knew something well
in these walls of pain i wasn't alone to dwell

they were many, like and unlike me
like the drops that form the dark sea

it pained me to see myself a part of the darkness i despise
the pain just grew ,until it burnt me and there was no respite

And as it stands now i have a light of my own,
and the darkness of many
the battles seem to be mine, but victory not yet any
-----Firebird

No comments: